Terms & Conditions
This Site is owned and operated by HarperCollins Publishers Limited a company registered in Scotland under registration number 27389 and our registered address is Westerhill Road, Bishopbriggs, Glasgow, G64 2QT (“HarperCollins/We”/ “Us”/”Our”).
If You have any questions, complaints or comments on this Site then You may contact Us on email@example.com.
CONTENT AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
The information and materials appearing on the Site (“the Content”) are displayed for personal, non-commercial use only. All software used on this Site and all Content included on this Site (including without limitation Site design, text, graphics, audio and video and the selection and arrangement thereof) is the property of HarperCollins or its suppliers and is protected by international copyright laws.
Requests to republish any of the Content should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEB SITES
The Site may include links to third party Internet websites which are controlled and maintained by others. These links are included solely for the convenience of users and do not constitute any endorsement by HarperCollins of the sites linked or referred to, nor does HarperCollins have any control over the content of any such sites. You acknowledge that We will not be party to any transaction or contract with a third party that You may enter into and We shall not be liable to You in respect of any loss or damage which You may suffer by using those websites. You agree that You will not involve Us in any dispute between You and the third party.
ACTIVITY WHICH IS PROHIBITED
The following is a partial list of the kind of activity that is illegal or prohibited on the Site. We reserve the right to investigate and take appropriate action against anyone who in our sole discretion violates these provisions, including but not limited to reporting you the relevant law enforcement authorities.
Prohibited activity includes, but is not limited to:
- criminal activity, including child pornography, fraud, trafficking in obscene material, drug dealing, gambling, harassment, stalking, spamming, sending of viruses or other harmful files, copyright infringement, patent infringement, or theft of trade secrets;
- advertising to, or solicitation of, any Member to buy or sell any products or services through the Site. You may not transmit any chain letters or junk email to other Users. It is also a violation of these rules to use any information obtained from the Site in order to contact, advertise to, solicit, or sell to any Member without their prior explicit consent. Covering or obscuring the banner advertisements on the Site via HTML/CSS or any other means;
- any automated use of the system, such as using scripts to add friends or send comments;
- interfering with, disrupting, or creating an undue burden on the Site or the networks or services that support the Site;
- attempting to impersonate another Member or person;
- using the account, username, or password of another member at any time or disclosing your password to any third party or permitting any third party to access your account;
- selling or otherwise transferring your profile;
- using any information obtained from the Site in order to harass, abuse, or harm another person;
- displaying an advertisement on your profile, or accepting payment or anything of value from a third person in exchange for your performing any commercial activity on or through the Site on behalf of that person, such as placing commercial content on your profile, posting comments with a commercial purpose or selecting a profile with a commercial purpose as one of your friends; or
- using the Site in a manner inconsistent with any and all applicable laws and regulations.
If you become aware of any misuse of the Site please contact us by clicking on the ‘Report as Inappropriate’ link on the relevant page.
OUR LEGAL OBLIGATIONS AND LIMITS ON LIABILITY
All content and services on the Site are provided on an ‘as is’ and ‘as available’ basis. We do not make any representation or give any warranty (whether express or implied) in respect of the Site or its Content, including, without limitation, any advice given (on a personal or general basis) and statements made by advertisers or other users on or via the Site. Any decisions or action taken by You on the basis of information provided on or via the website are at Your sole discretion and risk and You should obtain individual professional advice where necessary. Nothing in this clause 8 shall restrict Your statutory rights (including Your rights to receive a reasonable standard of service).
We do not warrant that the Site will be available uninterrupted and in a fully operating condition and access to the Site may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons reasonably beyond Our control.
There is no guarantee that the Site will be free of infection by viruses or anything else which may be harmful or destructive. We do not accept any liability for damage to Your computer system or loss of data that results from Your use of the Site and We cannot guarantee that any Content that You download are free from viruses, contamination or destructive features.
To the extent permitted by law, HarperCollins hereby disclaims all responsibility (howsoever arising) in connection with any loss and/or damage, arising out of or in connection with any use of, or inability to use, all or any part of the Content, the Site and/or any website to which the Site is linked, or any action taken (or refrained from being taken) as a result of using any of these.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude or limit Our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or for death or personal injury resulting from Our negligence or the negligence by Us, Our employees or agents
SECURITY AND PRIVACY
We will co-operate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing Us to disclose the identity of or locate anyone breaching any law or otherwise for the prevention or detection of crime or the apprehension or prosecution of offenders. There may be other circumstances in which We may be required by law to disclose information about You or Your use of the Website.
CHANGES TO THESE CONDITIONS OF USE
HARPERCOLLINS, COLLINS, COLLINS GEM, BANK OF ENGLISH COBUILD, and the ‘fireandwater logo’ are registered trade marks or trade marks of HarperCollins Publishers Ltd, and no users of this site are permitted to copy or reproduce these trade marks, or allow anyone else to do so for any reason, without the prior written consent of HarperCollins.
Scrabble ‘trademark’ and associated trademarks and trade dress are owned by, and used under license from, J.W. Spear & Sons Limited, a subsidiary of Mattel, Inc. ©2023 Mattel, Inc. All rights reserved.
©2023 Mattel. SCRABBLE™ and SCRABBLE tiles, including S1 tiles, are trademarks of Mattel.
Entered words that we have reason to believe constitute registered trademarks have been designated as such using the label ‘trademark’ or ®. However, neither the presence nor absence of such designation should be regarded as affecting the legal status of any trademark.
This Site, including the content and information contained herein, shall be governed by the laws of England and the courts of England shall be the place of jurisdiction. As such, the laws of England shall govern the disclaimer, legal notices, terms and conditions.
These Terms were last updated on 6 April 2023
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Web site. These companies may use aggregated information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here (http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices).